The Republic of Armenia has adopted an “open doors” policy, liberalization of investment-related relations, more favorable and strengthened treatment of foreign investors, adequate investment protection and other internationally recognized principles.
Investment Climate in Armenia
- Legislation for the of economic activities in Armenia are provided by the Civil Code, Labour Code, Administrative Code, and the laws on Licensing, Standardization, Foreign Investment, Protection of Economic Competition, State Registration of Property Rights, Organizing and Conducting Inspections, Accounting, Audit Activities, etc. More specifically the following sources can be of relevance:
- Corporate legislation, including
- Fiscal legislation, including the Customs Code, and laws on Taxation, Value-Added Taxes, Land Tax, Property Tax, Mandatory Social Insurance Payments, and State Duties
- Financial sector regulations, Including laws on the Central Bank of the Republic of Armenia, Consolidated Financial Regulation and Supervision, Currency Regulation and Currency Control, Banks and Banking, Credit Organizations, Banking Secrecy, Bankruptcy of Banks and Credit Institutions, Guarantee of Remuneration of Bank Deposits of Physical Entities, Fund Transfers, Payment Orders, Payment Systems and Payment Organizations, Investment Funds, Securities Markets, and Insurance.
- Legislation “On Protection of Intellectual Property rights”, including laws on Copyright and Related Rights, Inventions, Utility Models and Industrial designs, Legal Protection of Topographies of Integrated Circuits, Trade Names, Geographical Indications, and Trademarks
- Law “On Exploration of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection”, including the Land Code, the Water Code, the Code on Sub-Surface Resources, and the laws on Environmental Protection and Use of Natural Resources, Environmental Impact Assessment, and Concessions.
- Adjudication legislation, including the Judicial Code, Civil Procedures Code, Administrative Infringements Code, and laws on Compulsory Implementation of Judicial Acts and Commercial Arbitration.
Other than these, more in-depth information on the Armenian legal pronouncements can be retrieved from the databases of:
- National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia: parliament.am
- Government of the Republic of Armenia: gov.am
- Constitutional Court of the Republic of Armenia: concourt.am
- Prosecutor’s Offce of the Republic of Armenia: genproc.am
- The legal statutes of the Republic of Armenia can be retrieved also from the free internet database of legal acts: arlis.am